Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Quandary Sleeping Beauty in Me!


What I found online today stirred up a suspicion on myself “Do I have the Sleeping Beauty syndrome?” Well… come on people I am not comparing myself with the Walt Disney’s gorgeous princess - “The Sleeping Beauty”. What I am talking here is about the The Kleine Levin Syndrome, which is also called as the sleeping beauty syndrome. People affected with this disease tend to sleep for long hours that might continue for days or even weeks. Louisa Ball, a 15-year-old girl from Britain is affected by this sleeping beauty sickness. This young woman is a healthy, normal teenager unless and until this sickness is taken in to consideration. Her concerned mother says that she struggles a lot to wake her up just to make her eat something before she hits the sack again. Doctors say that there is no cure for this sickness but the affected person can gradually come out of it in due course of time, say... in a span of eight to twelve years. (That's real long doc!)

On further research, I found out that, a similar disease to the sleeping beauty sickness exist, which is called Narcolepsy. This is another sleeping disorder in which the affected person sleeps at inappropriate times like, even in the middle of driving a two wheeler. They also remain dull or tranquilized most of the time.

Hmmm… now all I wonder is, why am in between the sleeping beauty sickness and Narcolepsy? Cos of late I am always semi conscious and fall asleep at odd hours and stay awake at odd hours!!! God save me! sob sob... Good Night for Now!

4 comments:

Drop in ur thoughs/comments/suggestion/ANYTHING!!!