Monday, May 24, 2010

Summer sans Rain, sans love

Summer, Rain, and Love (Contd.)

She woke up in the morning, still unsure of what happened the previous night. The alligatored porch showed no signs of seeped rainwater. “hmmm… I just hope I was not dreaming!” she thought to herself.

The air was still moist; the sun did not take everything away! She took her morning coffee in her favorite mug, sitting on a patch of grass in her verandah. Warm, shimmering rays from the sun gradually crept from her fingers to her face, but her eyes were fixed on two squirrels squabbling over nothing.

“Your cell phone is screaming, come and pick it!” her mom’s cry woke her from the blank thoughts she was sailing in.

“Yes ma… I got it!” she said calmly and moved inside her house.

“Hey, I wasn’t expecting your call so early in the morning! What’s up? ”

“I don’t know… I have been thinking of what happened last night. Just couldn’t sleep. Did you sleep well?”

“I slept well. Have I told you that you sometimes sound like someone who has jumped right out of a chick flick?”

“Ha ha… yes I know. That was the problem; I am spoilt by watching too many movies off late.”

“hmmm… are you alright? You sound different!”

“Yes… I am clear now. As in… I have been thinking about what happened last night, I think I have really rushed everything. I am really sorry, I shouldn’t have done that.”

“Yes, you have rushed it, but what are you sorry for?”

“Well… this is not going to work out!”

“hmmm”

“I am not ready for this yet, we can be good friends like before you know.”

“But…you can’t…You said… Never mind!”

“C’mon, trash me all you want. I know it’s my bad. Just take it out of you.”

“hmmm… I guess I can’t, I still like you!”

“hmmm… I am sorry. Sorry is not the word but this is not going to work. I have moved on because I know it won’t work, it’s better to move on now than repent later. Moreover, you are 2 hrs elder to me!”

“Whaaaaat? 2 hours? Okay, so?”

“So, I don’t know… but nothing seems fine. It was better when we were friends.”

“Yes, you talk like someone else now! And it’s definitely not better now!” she wanted to scream but zipped it. “Okay… I will try to be friends with you.”

“We will be best friends forever ”

“hmmm… ok! If you say so! I got to go now, will talk to you later” She was not sure if she will ever talk to him after that. She was plainly hurt and nothing felt right, she gasped for air in the suddenly vacuum room.

“Whatever it is… it’s just a dream! Wake up…wake up…” she tried hard but could not wake up, it’s not a dream, she realized. “I did not ask for this! I know him only since a week! Why should I feel so heavy at heart? But…is this how things happen these days? Was I busy with myself so much that I did not notice the changing world and people?” A stream of lament escaped her eyes and dropped into the coffee.

“Are you still on the phone? You are getting late and your dad will arrive at the station anytime. I can’t referee another fight between you two. Get up and get ready.” Her mom shouted from the kitchen.

“This is reality”, she thought. “I was just sleeping for a whole week; I will forget this, this will pass... this will pass…” She got ready chanting just that. She felt bad that it’s over before it could even start, “But isn’t it good that it’s all over so quick?” she consoled herself and hurried to the railway station to pick her dad.

As said by a good friend, Love indeed, is misunderstood and lost in the seethes of life. Love is precious, it should be earned and yearned for, and it shouldn’t be given to anyone like a freebie! You are worth more than what you think you are and it’s time you realize it. Life goes on no matter what!




10 comments:

  1. Hmmm... guess started writing moral stories... for adult audiences :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Tum: Ya? Growin up for a change!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Love aaj kal is like that :)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ya? hmmm.... I din knw tat! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. enjoyed reading you blog ... please keep up the good work .... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Karthick: Thanks a lot! :) Glad u liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love - Why is this simple word so complicated !

    Good one !

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Vinod: Yes.. it's complicated and guess tat's why it's valued sooo much! :)
    Thanks for visiting! Keep reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of the best blog from u...

    ReplyDelete

Drop in ur thoughs/comments/suggestion/ANYTHING!!!